- While the spring and pawls can be replaced on the car, it is much easier to remove the handle assembly from the car first.
- Remove the stop pin by lining up the stop pin with the access hole and using a flat punch to drive the pin out from the bottom access hole. Do not twist the stop pin to try and remove it or it will break due the knurling on the pin.
- Remove the handle shaft, the old pawls and the spring from their tube.
- Place the new pawls in their slot as per illustration and place the new spring over the tabs as you slide the pawl in place.
- Holding the pawls up, re-insert the handle and tap the stop pin into place.
|New Paragon Reproduced Part!Power steering pump stud, (1) stud required for pump mounting and (1) stud required for pump adjusting. Stud is 3/8″-16 on both ends.
Years: 1963 – 1979
- Are you restoring your Corvette?
- Are you planning to do some major repairs this Year?
- Retail customers can receive up to 15% off of your parts!*
When you let us know that you are starting a major project we will give you a 15% discount on all Paragonmanufactured parts, provided that you place an initial order of at least $500.00. You will receive up to 15% off of your initial order, and will continue to receive up to 15% off future orders as long as you continue to place one order atleast every three months. This is our way of saying thank you for continuing to place orders with Paragon. So take advantage of the best discount offer in the Corvette business today.
*Part numbers printed in our catalog with a color are eligible for a 15% discount. Part numbers printed in black are eligible for a 10% discount. Please note that some items are NOT eligible for any discount, these parts will have ** beside the part number. Once you are enrolled in the “Stick With Us” program product pricing on our website will reflect your discount.
- Set control rod bell crank (A) in Park position.
- Set control shaft lever (B) in Park position.
- With both the bell crank and lever held in Park position, assemble control rod (C) to lever (B), then adjust clevis on rod (C) for easy entry into lever (A).
**Please note that parts numbered in the schematic are included in our 271K linkage kit**